The Trade Practices Act 1974 is the main piece of legislation governing the operation of all businesses in Australia.
Under the Trade Practices Act 1974 the Court has jurisdiction with respect to a number of claims including:
– Unconscionable conduct;
– Breach of industry codes;
– Consumer protection;
– Unfair business practices;
– ‘misleading and deceptive’ conduct;
– Pyramid selling schemes;
– Product safety;
– Product information;
– Actions against manufacturers and importers of goods, and
– Liability of manufacturers and importers of defective goods.
The Court can provide injunctive relief and award damages under the Trade Practices Act 1974.
We handle all legal matters regarding Trade Practices Law.
Please complete your free Lawyer Request Form to request immediate legal assistance on your legal matter.
Your Lawyer Request Form is fast, free and easy to use and will be treated as Private and Confidential at all times.